VINES empowers people to improve their lives and communities through urban gardening and connecting urban consumers to rural farmers. The organization was formed as a volunteer-led project building community gardens in 2007 but quickly grew as demand for urban gardening space, garden-based education, and access to local food increased. VINES became an independent nonprofit in 2010, and now manages a number of programs including a community garden program, the Binghamton Urban Farm (BUF), Grow Binghamton (a summer youth employment program), the Green Thumb Educational Workshop Series, and the Binghamton Farm Share program (Farm Share). Demand for VINES’ programming continues to grow and the organization is working to expand its core programs both within and beyond Binghamton’s urban core.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019