In November 2016, Senator Fred Akshar, Binghamton Mayor Richard C. David, and Binghamton Rumble Ponies owner John Hughes announced a $2.5 million NYSEG Stadium improvement project — the largest capital investment in the ballpark’s history. First built as Binghamton Municipal Stadium, NYSEG Stadium has been home to the Double-A affiliate of the New York Mets since 1992. It has a seating capacity of 6,012. The upgrades are designed to enhance fan experiences, upgrade critical stadium infrastructure, modernize operations and provide a first-class environment for top New York Mets prospects to grow their skills for the Major Leagues. Sen. Akshar and New York State Senate Majority Leader John J. Flanagan secured $2 million in grant funds through the State and Municipal Facilities Program of the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY). Evans St. Baseball, owner of the Binghamton Rumble Ponies, is contributing over $500,000 for the project. Construction is scheduled to be complete before Opening Day, April 13, 2017.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019