In June 2016, Mayor Richard C. David announced a pilot program based on a partnership between Binghamton Economic Development, the BLDC and CHOW was underway for a North Side Fresh Mobile Market in the Binghamton Plaza, 33 W. State St., providing fresh fruits and vegetables to an underserviced community. The initiative included partnerships with CHOW to sell fresh fruits and vegetables in the Binghamton Plaza parking lot on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. The City spent $4,950 to sponsor the 14-week pilot program through the Mayor’s Office Budget. This subsidy allows food to be sold at discounted prices, with a limited variety of free items offered some days of operation. Fresh fruits and vegetables include: apples, bananas, cucumbers, peppers, oranges, tomatoes, carrots and much more.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019