On October 11, 2016 Mayor Richard C. David announced construction of a 10-unit homeless veteran’s housing project at 27 Pine St. in Binghamton. The $408,000 rehabilitation project at 27 Pine St. includes 10 one-bedroom apartments and resident meeting space for support services. The project is a partnership between the City of Binghamton and local non-profit Opportunities for Broome, which owns the building. The City has allocated $240,000 of its federal affordable housing entitlement for the project while Opportunities for Broome will manage the site and coordinate support services such as job placement and substance abuse counseling for the veteran tenants. In addition to City resources, the project was funded through a coalition of government and nonprofit partners. The 27 Pine St. project is a substantial investment to support that effort, establishing a homeless veteran housing option for decades to come.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019