In August, 2016 the City of Binghamton announced that it had secured a $2.7 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for purchase and demolition of 29 properties in flood hazard areas. The $3.8 million FEMA grant will fund acquisition of property, demolition and removal of structures, disposal of demolition debris, site restoration and professional services associated with the project. The 23 properties will become permanent open green space to enhance flood hazard mitigation and prevent future property loss during a flood event. Much of the space cleared will be dedicated to tripling the size of the vines Urban Farm.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019