Ellis Brothers Furniture was a fixture on Washington Street and Water Street in downtown Binghamton for nearly 100 years. In April, 2014, a fire gutted the Water Street location which was separated by the Washington Street location by an alleyway and was not impacted. In March, 2016, the Ellis Brothers Furniture owners committed to rehabilitating the old JCPenney building for $3.5 million in order to expand their location. Renovations will include upgrades to the facade and exterior. The company did have the option to move outside city limits but ultimately decided to stay downtown. This is where the company has called home for more than 100 years. The new showroom will be three times larger than the old building, and Ellis says it will eventually become the company’s new showroom and gift shop.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019