The City of Binghamton received a $1,000,000 grant to study the feasibility of a downtown microgrid, a sustainable energy system independent from the main power grid in the event of an outage of natural disaster. In March, 2017 the City was one of 11 municipalities across the state to receive $1 million. If Binghamton wins the next NY Prize it will receive state funding for construction of the grid.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019