The Urban Farm is located in the heart of the city at 16 Tudor Street in a flood-prone area that was formerly a series of four abandoned houses. Youth employees continue to contribute to the farm’s tremendous growth each summer with the maintenance of greenhouse as well as outdoor vegetables and plants which help create a thriving community. With the help of youth employees and volunteers over 7,000 pounds of food were grown for donation and sales. In December 2017, Mayor David announced $100,000 in State funding to support the VINES’ downtown Urban Farm and the Grow Binghamton Summer youth employment program. VINES was one of ten organizations across New York State to receive a combined $1 million for community-based green jobs training.
- 2019 Binghamton Business Plan Competition March 27, 2019
- City of Binghamton To Take Part In Solar For All Program March 27, 2019
- Mayor David Announces Awards of $162,500 to Community Non-Profits March 27, 2019
- Check out available retail space in Binghamton! February 19, 2019
- Business Plan Competition February 19, 2019